It’s Small Business Week and I thought I’d share some interesting tidbits from the Bank of America Small Business Owner Report, 2013.
Small business owners contribute to their employees’ happiness through:
- Flexible hours/work from home options (45%)
- Health/wellness benefits (33%)
- Additional amenities (healthy snacks, free lunches, massages) (31%)
- Discounted services and/or goods (31%)
- Allow use of social media during work hours (24%)
- Team building activities such as sports or excursions (23%)
- Time to volunteer (13%)
On-site child care services (12%)
Effective marketing tactics for small business owners include:
- Word of mouth and customer referrals (86%)
- Networking with other businesses (53%)
- Advertising (i.e. print, broadcast, radio) (52%)
- Direct mail or email (45%)
- Social media (41%)
- PR and media relations (33%)
Here’s an excellent infographic from Sage:
Feel free to share! If you have any good small business stories to tell, please do!Connect with Elaine!
Share this post!
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.