Thanks for your interest in guest blogging for Totally Uncorked on Marketing! Guest posting is an excellent way to expose yourself to a new audience, increase your search engine optimization (SEO) and add new readers to your own blog.
Since I receive many guest post requests, I decided to make things easier for both of us by posting my blog guidelines. Please review them before making a submission. Thanks!
- Submit well-written, high-quality, original English-language content (not published elsewhere online) using a casual writing style. Read my posts as your guideline.
- Appeal to a diverse, international audience using an informative, friendly, and informal writing style.
- Keep your content within 500 words in length.
- Ensure any links in your post are relevant and valid if referring to studies, surveys, or other information.
- Ensure your content does not infringe on copyright laws.
- Proofread for correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Use bullets, lists and/or short paragraphs that make reading easier.
- Include a catchy title.
- Be yourself and share a personal experience, a story, or teach readers something valuable on your topic.
- Match your content with one of the categories listed on the blog.
- Appeal to readers in the nonprofit sector or from small or mid-sized businesses.
- Don’t use affiliate links.
- Don’t submit posts on topics that have previous been covered on the blog unless you are adding something new or different to the discussion.
- Don’t include links or content that are self promotional.
- Don’t e-mail your submission in HTML format, or in a Word or text document. Please send it in the body of your e-mail.
- Don’t include a call to action to visit your blog or product/service Web page.
- Don’t include opinions on, or references to, religion, politics, or other controversial subjects. This is a marketing blog.
- Don’t submit a guest post simply to get a backlink to your site. If you have no intentions of promoting and sharing the post, the link will be removed. Let’s make this mutually beneficial, OK?
Stuff to Know:
- E-mail your post with the text in the e-mail body.
- You don’t need to send a blog image. I will add an appropriate one with your post.
- Include a 50-word author’s bio with one link to a legitimate site of your choice. You may also include your Google+ url and Twitter handle.
- If I accept your post, I will ask for your photo in a jpeg format: 75 - 150 dpi.
- I reserve the right to edit your submission for grammar, spelling, clarity, and sentence structure. I hope you understand that this is a fairly common practice. I will e-mail the revised content to you for your approval.
- I may add additional information to your post as Editor’s Notes, only if I deem it necessary.
- You retain the copyright to your post however, once it has been publicly posted, I reserve the right to use and refer to it.
- Submitting your guest post does not guarantee publication in the blog. Sorry about that. I do promise to read and review each submission and let you know if it has been accepted.
- Please check your post frequently the first posting day and for the following week. Please respond to any comments in a timely manner.
- Once your post has gone live, please promote it to your colleagues and social networks including Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and your own blog (if you have one).
Thanks a million for considering a guest post on my blog. I appreciate your interest!