It’s Swap Ideas Day So Get Creative!
Today, September 10, 2014 is Swap Ideas Day! According to the Days of the Year website, the idea behind Swap Ideas Day is that everybody gets together to exchange ideas.
“People celebrate this occasion by connecting with other people to share thoughts and concepts. There are no rules outlining the nature of the ideas to be shared, thus making Swap Ideas Day an ideal opportunity for people to be as creative and wacky as they like with their ideas as well as learning from the ideas of others.”
Time for all you marketing-minded people to get creative! Here are 5 suggestions:
1. Brainstorm a list of fun ways to engage employees at work. (If you work alone, write down things you can do during a deserved break.) Some ideas include a pot luck lunch and dress-up theme day, raising money for a shared cause by daring each other, or holding an archery competition. Engaged employees make good brand ambassadors.
2. Come up with fun and fresh content topics for blog posts, articles, and visuals to market your business or nonprofit organization.
3. Share some new, low-cost marketing tactics that can help reach your organization’s strategic marketing objectives. (Think Ice Bucket Challenge on a smaller scale.)
4. Brainstorm fun ways you can show your customers/donors/volunteers) appreciation this holiday season.
5. Think of entertaining ways you can re-engage lapsed customers/donors/members.
Got any other ideas?