Forgive My 7 Marketing Sins
So, here goes:
- Forgive me for losing patience with content that has grammatical errors. I admit that this is one of my marketing pet peeves and I have been critical. When I write blog posts about this, my intent is to educate and inform others of the common boo-boos they make.
- Forgive me for occasionally zigzagging on my marketing strategy and being drawn into new tactics.
- Forgive me for inconsistent engagement with my social media followers. “Real” work takes time and social media marketing has to take a back seat.
- Forgive me for wasting time with early technology adoption. I don’t need to investigate every new marketing-related release or program.
- Forgive me for feeling entitled at times. Just because I have lots of marketing experience and expertise does not mean that others will pay attention to me.
- Forgive me for feeling discouraged when results take longer than expected. Marketing is not an overnight sensation.
- Forgive me for procrastinating on the items at the bottom of my marketing to-do list. These represent the administrative things I need to do that are tedious or boring.
So, there you have it. You don’t need to be Jewish to ask for marketing forgiveness.
What marketing sins would you add to this list?
*During Yom Kippur, Jews ask forgiveness from God for the sins they have committed in the past year.